"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I am a firm believer in NOT doing New Year's resolutions...I would venture to say some 75% of people that make them do not stick with them throughout the year. However, there are some things I have been thinking and praying about that I want to change in my life. Call them resolutions if you will, but here they are:

1. I want to read more. I have always liked to read, but just find that I don't have the time. My goal is to read two types of books...those that are fun and make me wonder off into someone else's life or adventure and those that challenge me and help me grow in my faith. So, if anyone has any good book ideas, I am up for anything. I will post to the left a section saying what I am currently reading. There are a few books I have in mind that I would like to read this year:
  • The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
  • The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian (I am hoping Hubby will read this with me)
  • The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (I have already read this years ago, but it so impacted my life that I must read it again)
  • Kingdom Come by Tim LaHaye (last book in the Left Behind Series)
  • Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

2. Devotions. I hope and pray that I can take at least a few minutes each and every day to read the Bible and pray. I do it now, but certainly not everyday like I should.

3. Exercise. Really, same situation as above...I just want a few minutes everyday (or at least 4 times a week) with my treadmill, especially in these winter months when I can't get my walking done outside with Punky.

4. Simplify, simplify, simplify. I feel my house is very cluttered, especially with clothes and toys. My goal this year is to organize our closets, dressers, toy rooms, and storage rooms and just get rid of anything that has not seen the light of day in a year. I think if I can do this, then my house will not get as messy and I won't be constantly cleaning and picking up.

So there you have it. My goals for 2008. I hope this new year brings you health and happiness (and good luck on your resolutions!)

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates