"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Catch Up...

Well, it has been a little while since I blogged, so I will give you the run down of what we are dealing with...
  • We have a problem. Our roof is leaking...we have known about it for a while, and thought we had it fixed, but no. With this last heavy rain, we had water dripping from our bathroom door frame. UGH! Hubby has gone up into the attic multiple times and can clearly see where the problem is. Shoddy workmanship I guess. We have noticed quite a few areas where our builder (who is now bankrupt) cut corners. If we had known his business situation before buying the house, we never would have purchased it. However, we really love the house and know that God wanted us here for time being. Since our house is only three years old, we tried tracking down the original roofer to fix the problem. They are coming out today to look at it. Hopefully, it will be a small fix so that we can repair the damage on the inside. Just one more thing to deal with I guess...makes life interesting!
  • Monday was my birthday (not that I want to remember the big 2-9). It was kind of hard for Punky seeing me open gifts because she knows her birthday is next week, and kept asking to open her presents too (Gma gave in and gave her one small gift on Sunday). I got the final two seasons of FRIENDS from Hubby and Punky as well as my coveted Count of Monte Cristo DVD that I have been asking for for 3 years! I also got a set of pans that I have been wanting for quite a long time. Cooking is now much easier! Punky's party will be Saturday.
  • We are trying to book a vacation to Florida~will blog about this once plans are final.
  • I have been loving my new treadmill, which we got at the end of December. It is much better for me than the elliptical that we had. Hopefully, I will stick with it!
  • We had Punky's 3-year pictures taken this past week. I will try to post some of them soon-they turned out great (see link to 1 Thousand Words Photography).

I am so thankful for the new year...seems like 2007 went entirely too fast, so I am hoping we can enjoy 2008 a little bit more!

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates