"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Saturday, January 12, 2008

Birthday Party!

Today we had Punky's official birthday party, even though her birthday is not until Monday. I held back the presents from Hubby and me for then.
Today started with getting up and cooking. I started the cake and the food for dinner tonight. The cake was something...I decided I wanted to try to do it myself instead of buying one, and I really wanted to do a princess/Cinderella cake for Punky, which is what she picked. So, after Punky stirring, me baking and mixing frosting, and Hubby cutting and frosting, our team effort turned out like this:For our first cake endeavor, I was quite proud.
Around 4 p.m., the guests arrived (about 15 in all, including Teeb and Uhcole from out of town!). Punky was wound up and ready for fun and got many nice presents.



All in all it was a good day, and she had fun. Thanks to everyone for coming and being a part of her special day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Punky! This is Uncle Ted just wanting to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope you liked your party. I've never seen such a nice birthday cake. It must have taken you and mom and dad a long time to make it, but you all did a good job. I bet it tasted very good.

Uncle Ted

The Redouteys said...

Tell Punky Happy Birthday from her cousins Jason and Amber and Caleb! What a beautiful birthday cake! It sounds like the party went well. It was great to see you over the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca! It's Megan! Just wanted to tell you the cake looked very nice! I am glad you did not stay up until 2 am on Friday night making it! :)

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates