"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moretodothanihavetimetodo Blues

Sometimes as a wife and mother you feel as if your job is NEVER done...kind of like a case of the moretodothanihavetimetodo blues. I often feel like if I could get everything done that I would be the perfect wife and mother and Hubby and Punky would be so proud of me that everything would be perfect.

Well, we all know that will just never happen, because things will never get caught up. But what really helped me this week was a quote I read out of the book "Irregular People". It is as follows:


"If you do things because you love, then you yourself will be healthier. If you do things to gain love, then you will get sick."

I take it to mean that we will continually be bogged down and feel like we are constantly behind if we are doing things, trying to "gain" approval from another person. This quote made me realize that I need to do all of these household chores because I love my family and because I know they love me in return, no matter if the laundry gets folded or not.

Also to help, I am taking one of my New Years un-resolutions and trying to implement it. Simplify...I have begun by organizing Punky's toy room...we are getting rid of a lot of stuff, and packing other "baby" toys away. I am trying to make it easier for her to know exactly where to put toys away, so that I am not constantly doing it for her. The basement toy section is next...UGH!

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates