"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Favorite Verse

I have decided I am going to list to the left of the screen, my favorite Bible verse. Now, I have never kept just one verse as my ultimate favorite verse...it is constantly changing. So, I thought I would post each verse as I find them.


Right now it is Psalm 34:4, "I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears."

I sort of stumbled upon this verse one day, and it was right when I needed it. The fact that we, small little mankind, have the honor and privilege to seek out the Lord is amazing. What is even more wonderful is the fact that He hears us - each time we call to Him. And to make things beyond comprehension, He answers us and delivers us.

King David wrote this Psalm, and I sometimes wonder, "Why was David so great?" He messed up "royally" on many different occasions. So why did God have such a special place in his heart for a man that continually made mistakes and disappointed God? While it is easy to judge David, I have come to realize that I am no better than David. I have done many things I am not proud of, but I know God still loves me, wants me to spend time with Him, and love Him in return.

So, to sum it up, my heart is comforted by this verse and all that it means, and I am overjoyed and thankful that I found it.

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates