"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Wedding

This weekend we went to Rockford to attend Hubby's Grandma's wedding. Yes, she is 80 years old, and has been swept off her feet by Rex, a wonderful man who seems to treat her very well. I have never been to a wedding where the bride and groom were this old, but it was actually quite lovely, and made me feel very happy that these two no longer have to live life alone.

We spent quite a lot of time with Uncle Teeb and Uh-cole, eating and going shopping. Punky proclaimed Uh-cole her new best friend (but I think Uncle Teeb is right up there too). Aunt Kare Bear and Uncle Crowbar (don't ask how he got that name, but for some reason it has stuck) were also there, as well as Grandma and Grandpa.

We also got to see our favorite (just for you D) Florida family. Oh how we wish you lived closer~I'll pray for that one!! I know GiGi and Punky would have a blast growing up together. I got some pics of them playing as well, and hope to post them soon. We also got a picture of all of Grandma's grandkids and great-grandkids:


All in all it was a good weekend seeing family. We had thought we were going to stay two nights, but ended up coming home on Saturday night instead. I am thankful we did that, as it actually turned out better. I needed Sunday to clean house and get ready for work on Monday.

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates