"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life

I was reading another blog from someone I know, and what she said totally captured the way I feel, so I am just passing it along.

Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with all the things I should be praying for: my marriage, kid's health/development/personal relationship with Jesus, wisdom in teaching her, extended family, requests of friends, church, nations leaders, personal struggles, and things that make your heart so heavy you can hardly move. Well, lately my mental prayer list keeps getting longer and longer.

However, she went on to say that even through all of the praying, worrying, and guilt over not praying enough, we can cling to these verses:

"The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus". Philippians 4:5-7

I am so thankful that God loves me the way that I am. I am totally amazed that I can come directly to Him with all of my cares and concerns ~ and I know that He not only hears me, but answers me as well. And what is better, is that no matter how I pray or what screwed up words I use, He knows my heart~aaaahhhh, that is just so comforting.

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates