"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Wednesday, September 12, 2007

All the Hoopla...


OK. I know there is not a whole lot to do in our mid-size town, but I really have to wonder when I see so many people getting crazy excited over the Grand Opening of a new Schnucks grocery store (no bashes here, I was there on Tuesday night). Here are some things I noticed...


  • I loved the squeaky clean floors and fully stocked shelves. I give it three months before the floor looks like all the other grocery stores and they are all out of the one thing I made the trip over there for...

  • The produce was incredible, but the more I looked at it, the more I wondered if this was veggies on steroids. The size of some of this stuff was unreal. I bought nectarines the size of a softball. Being the negative person that I can be, I wonder how long before the Wal-mart quality produce hits those shelves (if you know what I mean).

  • I can't help but complain about the exit/entrance to the building. The west entrance was fine, stoplight and all. However, the east-most exit is dumb. I unknowingly decided to go out that way, since I wanted to turn east. However, some clever individual decided to only allow people exiting the parking lot to turn west. Needless to say, I turned east anyway, which is what everyone else will do as well.

So, no more store bashing. All in all it was a lovely store and I hope it stays in tip top shape, and doesn't go downhill like the nearby Eagle's did. I am very thankful that we have grocery stores, and don't have to go into a crowded market place to buy our daily rations (or that I don't have to grow our own food, as I think my family would starve). We are truly blessed to have so many options at our disposal.



***********HOLD EVERYTHING********************I just noticed on their website you can do online ordering of your groceries and have them deliver it! I had no idea this even existed. What is this world coming to when we can't even go and buy our own groceries?! (even though I dispise going grocery shopping).

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates