"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why?

Sometimes life is just hard. Things happen that we don't understand, want, or agree with. It scares me to think that your life can change drastically in a moment, with no warning or opportunity to change it. I am amazed that your heart and soul can hurt much more than any physical pain. While going through the struggles of life, I can't imagine how people go through them without God. Yes, family and friends help us through, but it is God that loves us so much more than any human person ever could. It is He that has the power to make all things new, to bring good out of a bad situation (even if we can't see it right now). I am not saying it is always easy to trust God, but eventually, by coming to God, things do work out. Pain subsides over time, and God renews our joy and strength.

I refuse to ask God "Why do bad things happen?"...for who am I to question Him? I know that He knows my life, and has planned everything for me. He will not leave me. He will take care of me. I ask for your prayers for a very dear friend of mine, who is going through a very difficult time. My heart breaks for her and her family, but I know she is seeking the Lord and all will work out in the end. I am reminded of another of my favorite verses, Phillipians 1:6...For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

I found a wonderful song by Jaci Velasquez entitled "Lay It Down". I could not stop crying the first time I heard it. I know God brought it to me just at the right time. Click HERE if you want to listen, and I have printed the words below:

Verse:I've been lookin' till my eyes are tired of lookin
Listenin' till my ears are numb from listenin'
Prayin' till my knees are sore from kneelin' on the bedroom floor
I know that you know that my heart is achin'
I'm running out of tears and my will is breakin'
I don't think that I can carry the burden of it anymore

All of my hopes and my dreams and my best laid plans,
Are slowly slippin' through my folded hands

Chorus:So I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna learn to trust You now
What else can I do?
Cause everything I am depends on You
And if the sun don't come back up
I know Your love will be enough
I'm gonna let it be,
I'm gonna let it go,
I'm gonna lay it down.

Verse:I've been walkin' through this world like I'm barely livin'
Buried in the doubt of this hole I've been diggin'
But You're pullin' me outI'm finally breathin' in the open air
This room may be dark but I'm finally seein'
There's a new ray of hope, and now I'm believin'
That the past is past, and the future's beginning to look brighter now

Oh, cause all of my hopes and my dreams and my best laid plans
Are safe and secure when I place them in Your hands

Chorus:So I'm gonna lay it down
I'm gonna learn to trust You now
Oh what else can I do,
Cause everthing I am depends on You
And if the sun don't come back up
I know Your love will be enough
I'm gonna let it be,
I'm gonna let it go,
I'm gonna lay it down.

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates