"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Monday, February 11, 2008

Waiting...

I am the type of person that LOVES to get emails, comments to my blog, telephone calls, or cards/letters in the mail. I am filled with anticipation as I check my email to see who has taken time to send me a message.

That being said, I heard a very interesting talk on the radio the other day. The speaker said that just like we enjoy communicating and getting messages from each other, SO DOES GOD! He also waits in eager anticipation for the moment I spend time with Him, in prayer and reading His Word. It really made me think that I am probably disappointing God quite a bit because I know I don't talk with Him nearly enough. Sure, I may send up a prayer here and there, but there are not very many moments when I actually give Him all of my attention and focus on what He wants me to know. Sometimes, I am so caught up in giving Him my message (requests) that I fail to seek what He would like to say to me, either through devotions in His Word, or even through the words of other people. I am thankful that He patiently waits for me, and that he is never angry or upset when I come crawling back to Him. I hope I can do better.

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates