"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Thursday, October 09, 2008

Morning Cuddles

Punky will usually come into bed with me when she wakes up in the morning (Hubby gets up WAY to early). She has said, "Mama, I like getting in your bed in the morning...your body is so warm!" Too cute.

Well the other morning, she came into our bed and cuddled up next to me. She said, "Mama, I've been thinking. When a baby comes to live at our house, I am going to show her my toy room and my bedroom!" I told her that was great and that it would be good for her to share her toys. She said, "and I will help her go down the stairs! Maybe she could play with me!" I said that yes, a baby would need help going down the stairs and I am sure she would love to play. I said that Punky would have to be a good big sister and big helper because we would have to feed the baby. She said, "and change her diaper." Then she asked if baby Sarah (who was adopted from Guatemala by a family in our church and whom Punky LOVES) could come to our house. I think Punky thinks you just go and pick your baby and bring them home! It made me kind of sad to think that she is waiting so hard for a baby. I told her we have to keep praying that God would send a baby to our house, and she agreed, then moved on to the next subject. How sweet and innocent...too cute for words. I am so thankful for morning cuddles, as I know they will not last forever.

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates