"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Thursday, March 20, 2008

Summer

Well, we have been struggling as of late knowing that we would be needing to find a new babysitter for Punky for the summer (our wonderful J will be moving out on her own in a few months and needs to get a "real" job~unfortunately, we can't pay her a ga-zillion dollars to keep her, or we would!). Please pray that she finds the perfect job! We knew we couldn't keep her forever, but hopefully she will still be able to watch Punky part of the time.

Our next door neighbor has been watching Punky a day and a half each week and Punky really likes it because she has a nine month old little boy. Punky is all about babies. However, her schedule is becoming crazy and she will only be available as a back up. So, I have had a few leads here and there as to someone that could watch Punky.

As a brief history lessen, our family has been VERY spoiled with J. Since Punky was almost 3 months old, J has been coming to our house each day instead of us having to take Punky out in the morning. What a blessing. It is so easy to just be able to leave the house knowing she is in good hands. Well, I was starting to think (and others have told me) that phase may be over and I will probably have to start taking her somewhere.

However, there is a girl Hubby and I went to high school with that lives just behind our house. Her sisters are younger (in college) and I have been told that one of them is looking for a summer babysitting job. I have called and talked with her and things look promising. She is interested. So, please be in prayer that things work out with this, so that we can continue to be spoiled (or should I say Blessed) by having someone come to our home.

Either way, we truly have been blessed with the people we have found to watch Punky. Also this year, I was able to find a wonderful family in our church that will watch Punky anytime I need them. So, I am definitely feeling better about this whole situation. I pray (and know) God will work all things together for good. I am so thankful He knows what is best for us.

1 comments:

Pastor Nicole said...

I wish I could take off all summer and watch her! How fun would that be? But something tells me that the church would frown upon a 3 month sabbatical before I've even been working there for a year...

Of course, Punky could always come down and live with us! The Smudge would love it. Then again, you may miss her a little. But hey, the offer's on the table! ;o)

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates