"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Friday, June 13, 2008

Just a toot...

So, Punky has had this habit now of telling me when we are out in public "I have to go potty!" So we race off to whatever nasty bathroom we are nearest to and once I have the toilet covered in paper and sit her little butt on it (or hold her over it) she then says "I don't have to go". Makes me furious.


The other evening we were in Menards and she said "I have to go potty!" I asked twice, are you sure you have to go and she said yes. So as we are walking quickly toward the bathroom, I say, "Pee, or poop" (you know, to mentally prepare for what I have to go through in the bathroom) and she says poop. Great.


So as we are walking I ask her again "do you have to go?" She says "no". I ask her two more times, "Are you sure...you don't have to go?" and she finally says, "No mama, it was just a toot!"


UGH!!! If she weren't so darn cute...


And then I realize how blessed I am...how many women out there wish with all their heart they had a little girl to take to the potty...the parents who have lost a child and would give anything to take their kid to the bathroom EVERYWHERE they go. And I send up a prayer of thanks that I have such a wonderful little "Toot".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are keeping all the blogs in a journal/tape or some form to read when Haven is grown and has her own "little toot". You will laugh, cry, rejoice all over again at God's provision and watch care over your family. I love your blogs and can relate to both your's and Amber's blogs as she is raising Caleb. What a joy and blessing children are. Love ya, Grandma R.

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates