"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Friday, December 28, 2007

The True Meaning of Christmas

Well, I am still in the middle of Christmas festivities, even though it is December 28th. We still have two more big get togethers we are trying to prepare for. I have REALLY felt this Christmas has not been Christmas to me...we have been entirely too busy coming and going various places and gatherings, buying gifts, making food, and just being busy. I didn't even get all of my Christmas decor out this year. I wanted to go and see the Festival of Lights, but just didn't have the time. I am sure Punky would have loved it. And, to top it all off, Punky got WAY to many gifts...it was beyond too many, it was actually sad. Next year I will not allow this to happen. There will be restrictions people!!! I don't want her to feel the way I do this year...just overwhelmed with STUFF, instead of the true meaning...the birth of our Saviour.

I stole this from a very awesome person (she knows who she is!) and it was just what I needed at this very moment...so, enjoy. It helps my heart everytime I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates