"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baptism

Well, I got baptized on Sunday. I was supposed to get baptized on December 9th, but we had a big ice storm and church got cancelled. What does it mean if God sends ice on the day you get baptized? Anywayz...it was rescheduled for this past Sunday. We had gotten a lot of snow the night before, so I was scared they were going to call off church again, but they didn't. However, there were not very many people at church, which calmed my nerves a little bit.

I thought I would post my testimony, which is what I said in front of the congregation...

"I am blessed to have been raised in a Christian home. I remember as a little girl my parents reading me and my sister Bible stories at bedtime. One night, I talked to my mom and we prayed together. I asked Jesus to save me from my sin and come into my heart.

Throughout my life, I have had Christian influences all around me…I have attended this church since I was about 12, I attended Calvary Baptist Academy from second grade through high school, and my immediate family and most of my friends are believers as well. Although I am extremely thankful for all of this, I have always known that it is only by God’s mercy and faith in Jesus Christ that I can have a relationship with Him. My going to church each Sunday, having Christian parents and friends, and even being baptized mean nothing if I have not accepted Christ as the one and only way to Heaven. One of my favorite verses is Ephesians 2:8&9, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, should any man boast.” I am truly thankful that I do not have to work for my salvation, but that God has freely given it to me.
I have felt for a long time that I should be baptized, but kept putting it off for no good reason. However, I have come to realize that baptism is not only an important part of my own spiritual growth, but also an integral part of my ministry. My goal is to be a light for Jesus in my mission field, which is to my unsaved family, my place of employment, neighborhood, and community."

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates