"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Monday, August 11, 2008

Bob Costas Says It All...

Hubby and I love to watch the Olympics...It was 4 years ago (I can't BELIEVE it!) that we were watching the Olympics, me pregnant with Punky, and we found her name. It was the first (and I think only) name that as soon as we both heard it, we knew we BOTH liked it. Ahhh, memories...

We are big Michael Phelps fans and are so excited he is winning! Unfortunately, we both fell asleep last night before his team swim came on...You Tube, here we come!

I have to say, every Olympics, the announcers say something so incredibly stupid, I just laugh and laugh. Well, I have heard it already. During Michael Phelps first swim, the announcer was saying what an incredible swimmer he is and comparing him to Tiger Woods (not sure how that came about). Anyway, the announcer says, "Phelps is Tiger in a speedo!" I could tell as soon as he said it, he regretted it, and he immediately started talking about something else. Ugh! I am sure Phelps and Tiger cringed at that one!

1 comments:

The Redouteys said...

I love it! I heard that one too, and had to crack up! Thanks for reminding me. :) The relay was very exciting! We were both screaming at the tv... surprised we didn't wake the baby up.

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates