"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Saturday, August 23, 2008

Backstreet Boys Rock!

So, yes, at first I was a little embarrassed to admit I was going to see a Backstreet Boys concert with my sister. She said, "We need a girl's night out and they are going to be in our town...we should go!" I agreed, not sure what it would be like, but at least I knew a few of their songs and thought it would be entertaining to watch all of the girls that were in attendence. I also thought that it would be a little disappointing because they are so old, but then I investigated and found that they are actually not that much older than me. YIKES!

Entertaining it was. As we were sitting there waiting for the boys to make their appearance, the girls in the audience were hilarious. Every time they would see a foot under the black curtain or a security guard walk around from the side of the stage, an eruption of high pitched teen girl screams would begin, only to stop a few seconds later when they realized it was not a BSB. However, we think it was AJ that actually walked down one of the halls/aisles and jumped out, waved, and then darted back out of sight (the girls went crazy). We then also saw him again in a high section of the back part of the stage, trying to get the girls to scream. It was quite entertaining.




Then, when the show started, the girls went absolutely out of control. I have been to concerts in my day, but have never heard screaming like that. Crazy. I do have to admit that it was an absolutely incredible concert. They played right through their intermission and I think we decided they changed their clothes at least 8 times during the concert. It was WOW! It definitely made me want to go out and buy their new CD (which, I don't own ANY of their CD's, but I want to now).

Both me and my sister agreed that if they are EVER near us again, we will pay to see them (these tickets were free thanks to my sis-in-law). And yes, I will drag Hubby to the next one! All in all, best girls night out I have ever had...it was AWESOME!

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates