"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Monday, April 21, 2008

Men just aren't Mama's...

Well, Punky decided to get a spring cold...we have been so lucky all winter and she made it through only having one very mild cold. However, now she has a very stuffy nose and when that happens, she is not a happy girl. She cries and whines about her "boogies" and constantly wipes her nose to the point of it being raw under neath. This started yesterday.

So, we knew last night that she would be waking us up MANY times in the night. We agreed that since I had to work today and Hubby didn't, that he would get up with her. And, as I bet she would, Punky woke up in the night crying. Hubby promptly woke up and went in to her. I must have dozed back off, because I awoke around 12:30 to Hubby saying "what do I do now? She tosses and turns and cries and wipes and tosses and cries...I don't know what else to do." He had been laying with her and rubbing her back, but it just wasn't enough. So, I got up, made some warm milk, gave her some medicine, and rocked her back to sleep. She slept the rest of the night. I guess men just aren't mama's (and I wouldn't have it any other way)!

0 comments:

 

The Smallest Blessings... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates